Sunday 7 February 2016

How I Take Care Of My Eyebrows

Hello everyone!

Eyebrows frame your face and can completely change how you look so it is very important to keep them in tact! So today I'm showing you how I maintain my eyebrows. I have always done my eyebrows myself. I taught myself how to do them many moons ago, however if your just starting to shape or re shape your eyebrows I suggest that you should consider getting them done by a professional just for the first time so that you can get the right shape for your face shape without all of the embarrassing eyebrow malfunctions, unfortunately I had to learn this the hard way and have been at the brunt of many an eyebrow disaster but I think I have now finally found a shape that I am happy with. So this is how I do my eyebrows.   



You Will Need:

  • Tweezers
  • Nail Scissors
  • Spoolie
  • Vaseline/ Petroleum Jelly
  • Cotton Wool
  • Make Up Remover
  • Baby Wipes
  • Eyebrow Tint Kit
  • A close up mirror


Step 1 :
Soak your cotton wool with makeup remover. I'm using Pixi Glow Tonic, which I know isn't a make up remover but it does the job. Use the soaked cotton wool to remove any makeup on or around your eyebrow so that you are working on a clean surface and can see exactly what hairs you need to remove.




Step 2:
Take your tweezers and pluck out any hairs that are on the outside of your eyebrow until they are all gone and your eyebrow area looks smooth and tidy.







Step 3:
You will now need to take your spoolie and comb your eyebrow hairs upward and trim any hairs that stick up over the bold shape of your eyebrow with your nail scissors so that your eyebrows look neat and not wild with hairs sticking out everywhere, this will also make your eyebrow look bolder. Then go in with your tweezers again and remove any hairs that look out of place after trimming.




















Step 4:
Apply some Vaseline around your eyebrow, making sure not to get any on the eyebrow itself. This is so that the tint doesn't darken any skin or hairs around the eyebrows. 





Step 5:
To tint my eyebrows I use 'Eyelure Pro-Brow dybrow' Kit in the shade 'brown'.
I take the colour and squeeze 2 cm of the product into the little plastic case it comes in and stir that into 5 drops of the activator.




















Step 6:
Take the spoolie that comes with the kit and generously scoop some colour onto the bristles, neatly distribute the product through the eyebrows by just combing the spoolie through the hairs.



Step 7:
Take a baby wipe and neatly wipe off any excess product just to make sure that none of your skin gets coloured making sure not to remove any product from the eyebrow itself. Leave this colour to develop for 15 Min's ( it doesn't advise you to leave it this long in the instructions but i find that the time they said to use didn't make much of a difference to my natural colour.) develop time will vary from person to person so you may have to play around with the timings until you find a colour you're happy with.



Step 8:
Once the 15 minutes is up, remove all of the product with a baby wipe and then thoroughly wash them with soap and water to ensure all of the colour is properly removed.

Step 9:
Finish up by moisturising the eyebrow area to soothe any inflammation.

And that's it you're all done and you can enjoy your stunning eyebrows.

Thank You so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed or learnt something from this post (or both haha) feel free to leave a comment below :) <3



















No comments:

Post a Comment